Ladies (and gentlemen), be aware that if someone wishes to kiss your hand, it may not just be a sign of reverence/love/regard/you’re the Pope/[enter whatever drives your fancy here], but that your kisser may instead be checking your health!
For the state of your organism (and whether or not you may or may not be a suitable reproductive partner) may be painted in quick strokes upon the surface of your nails!
Here are a few hints about what your nails may be telling about your behind your back:
1. Beau’s Lines – (a line that crosses the middle of the nail) can be caused by uncontrolled diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, scarlet fever, measles, mumps and pneumonia. Can also be a sign of zinc deficiency.
2. Black Bands on Nails – low adrenal function, chemotherapy or radiation reaction.
3. Bluish Nails – could mean the body’s not getting enough oxygen, which could indicate an infection in the lungs, or perhaps even some heart problems.
4. Brown Nails – renal failure.
5. Cracked or Split Nails – have been linked to thyroid disease, vitamin A and D deficiency, poor circulation, hydrochloric acid deficiency, iron deficiency, calcium deficiency, protein deficiency.
6. Dark Lines Beneath the Nail – should be investigated immediately. They are sometimes caused by melanoma (skin cancer).
7. Dark Nail Tips: Vitamin B-12 deficiency (or the person hasn’t cleaned under its nails).
8. Discolored Nails – Vitamin B-12 deficiency, kidney or liver problems.
9. Flat Nails – iron or protein deficiency, Vitamin B-12 deficiency, psoriasis, diabetes.
10. Frequent Hangnails – Vitamin C deficiency.
11. Gnawed Nails – sign of persistent anxiety, or OCD.
12. Nail Clubbing – (when the tips of the fingers grow big and the nails enlarge around them) could be a sign of lack of oxygen which could be caused by various lung diseases. It’s also associated with inflammatory bowel, cardiovascular, liver diseases, and AIDS. Vitamin B-12 deficiency.
13. No Half-Moons or Ridged Nails – Vitamin A deficiency, kidney disorder, protein deficiency.
14. Pale Nails – could be a sign of serious illness such as anemia, congestive heart failure, liver disease, or malnutrition. Could also mean a mineral deficiency, or excess copper.
15. Pitted, Fraying, Split Nails – Vitamin C and protein deficiency.
16. Poor Nail Growth – Zinc deficiency.
17. Puffy Nail Fold – the inflammation may result from lupus or another connective tissue disorder.
18. Rippled Nails – may be an early sign of psoriasis or inflammatory arthritis.
19. Spoon Nails – (concave, soft nails) sign of iron deficiency and anemia, or a liver condition (hemochromatosis), heart disease, and hypothyroidism. Iron or zinc deficiency.
20. White Nails with Darker Rims – may indicate liver problems, such as hepatitis.
21. White Spots – thyroid issues, or zinc and hydrochloric acid deficiency.
22. Wide Square Nails – hormonal imbalance.
23. Yellow Nails – (assuming you haven’t recently peeled an orange) could be a sign of fungal infection. In some cases, it could mean you have severe thyroid disease, lung disease, diabetes, or psoriasis. Vitamin E deficiency, poor circulation, lymph congestion… or too much polish.
So, ladies and gents, are you healthy or is it time to bring back the gloves into fashion?
PS: Seriously, though, if you think you may be sick after reading this list, please, please go see a doctor!
Safe Natural Tips